You know when your talking to someone new and that question comes up, you don't want the person to end up bored.. "I'm a student," and "I'm an entertainment host.." what the hell is that? These are the two job titles I tell people and the same ones that I enter in job application forms. some of you may think (BORING!) whilst some of you will definelty be saying the same (the student part, anyways!)
I'm not ashamed of being a student, not at all but I would like to be more interesting than that and hope that all these years of essays, stress, assignments and tears, will not have been in vain.
I'm getting to the age where soon enough in society I should have THE career, but hold on for one second.. I'm only 20 years old and I have a long life to lead (I'm hoping). When we take our GCSE's we're supposed to have it all mapped out in our minds, well, in less than 6months I will have completed my journalism and creative writing course and will be left to my own devises of finding that money making job and I'm not even sure if i want to be a journalist anymore.
It all sounds like alot of hard work and the public will only think I'm a liar because whenever I tell adults of my career choices they laugh and say, "Journalists are liars..." "...lying scum." etc etc etc!
Let me give you the long list of jobs that only seems to get bigger with time.
JOBS? songwriter- tv presenter- police officer- dancer- music/ fashion journalist- P.A
DANCER?and that's an up to date list!!!!
TV PRESENTER?Am I naive in having such high hopes when the closest one I believe I could achieve is: Police officer.
It's good to have dreams and to have ambition... I've always been ambitious but I can't help but think I'm in way over my head.
The media is going to be a hard industry to crack but I am determined.
So this is my cry, my plead that whatever you do in life, you over strive and think the impossible, coz like the saying goes...
"It's better to have tried, than to have never tried at all."
~ Elbert Hubbard (1856-1915)~



1 comment:
Hey Ness. Be whatever u wanna be. You can do it. Just stay focused and go for it. It's good to go for something that you think is out of reach (which is not) better then settling for asda sales assistant for the rest of your life. You can do it Nessa!
xxxx
Post a Comment