
This scene says it all! People rushing out to buy last minute gifts, a stressed and peed off cashier, no one looks happy!
It seems every year christmas starts earlier and earlier, don't get me wrong because there are a few things I do like about Christmas, those being a few Christmas songs, decent presents, some alright movies on telly and some food and drink. For all the good things though, there are alot more bad things about it.
Rubbish X-mas songs, rubbish gifts, spending loads of money, drunk relatives, busy shopping centres and massive queues, brussel sprouts and those a just a few of my bad points.
My local, decent town centre in Kingston- Upon- Thames put up their decorations over a month ago and my local high street truned on their dismal lights which consists of tinsel and fairy light strung around the street lamps last week. It looks so pathetic and is a waste on our electrical resources, LOL! And they talk about GLOBAL WARMING!
My loathing of Christmas started about seven years or so ago, before that time I loved it and being the youngest of the family I revelled in getting what gifts I had asked for, going over to my nan and grandad's, stuffing my face with good food and playing games.
How times and puberty have change my family traditions, I hit the Kevin & Perry stage in life and I can admit (because I'm told so often) that I'm ungrateful. Yeah yeah whatever (as I used to say) Can I help it if there are certain things on my wish list that I wanted, can I help it if i get some smelly bath product... which I always end up using straight away just so that I can get rid of the damn thing. What can't be helped is that times change and things have become expensive. I understand fully now that my mum buying me a £60 camera would be appreciated but its not gonna help if that £60 pays two bills. I am in no way spoilt but I just want what I want!
Like my friend Yaisa says, "Christmas is for Children!"

Just writing about Christmas has got me all depressed, I can confess that I'm a Scrooge! There, I've said it! I'm glad that I can be excited for my neice Maisie spending Christmas with me this year, hopefully then I won't be throwing the tantrums, rather she will be and may I add she's only 3 but she's a diva in the making. Learns from the best.
Christmas these days doesn't feel like christmas and I wish that it was how it is potrayed in American films. If I had my wish we'd be sipping eggnoc, wearing terrible knitted reindeer jumpers, singing carols by the fire and unwrapping the most fabulous girfts from under our 8ft christmas tree, oh yeah, and it would defenitly be a white christmas. Snow can make or break the day, it will probably rain.
So here's me hoping for a better christmas, praying that I don't get annoyed or upset by one of my sisters because it's usually them and never my brother. Here's to good food and drink and a nice film to keep me occupied!
If all else fails and christmas is a terrible disaster, you'll find me in my bedroom.
HO HO HO, HO HO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Love The Diva
xxx

No comments:
Post a Comment