Monday, 21 September 2009

FREE YOUR MIND, DON'T BE SO SHALLOW



I have never felt so creative in all of my life! As students across England are beginning university, i'm left with not much to do. A student no longer, i have only a few days of work to keep me occupied, so my mind is running away with the world.

I was studying Creative Writing & Journalism, so it seems only normal that I'm a creative person, my fingers just itching to write.. and write I will.




I have a few writing passions: I love writing songs and I love thinking up comedy sketches. I'm going to put these passions to the test and really get into it.


I took inspiration from sketches like 'TRIGGER HAPPY TV,' 'PEEPSHOW,' 'SMACK THE PONY,' and 'LITTLE BRITAIN.' If you've seen these shows, you'll see the humour i'm working with... immature, crude, silly and bizairre.


When it comes to writing songs, I have been since i was about 8 years old and doing a writing popular music course at uni has only relighted my desire to write songs. Fingers crossed my sisters bf's brother is producing some songs as i type.


This post is basically to say: BE AMBITIOUS, don't let your dreams seem fiction, you can make them a reality and i believe my dreams will be.

I'll keep you posted on how my writings are going... possibly even posting lyrics and sketches online.


Lots of love

The Diva
x x x x

No comments: