Friday, 31 July 2009

FOR THE LOVE OF... MUSIC

I had a wicked night yesterday and relived my Isle Of Wight Festival experience. Me and sarah went to WESTFIELDS where VV Brown was performing a few of her tracks. Despite thinking it was going to be a gig in a dindgy, sweaty warehouse in Shepherds Bush, it was a really odd atmosphere as with being in a shopping centre people are less enthusiastic but armed with her megaphone, VV blew the crowds away with her Rock 'n' Roll, Reggae and Soul inspired songs! I loved her performing style, with involved springing around the stage barefoot, shaking her tambourine and banging drums, she also does some crazy but wicked arm movements.

Her new single which has to be my fave song from the set is 'Shark in the water.'

Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPQlxHWsemI




She also just came across as the loveliest and most grateful artist ever. She told us how every song she writes has a little story behind it and I read that she was a backing singer for Madonna! I'll definetely be buying the album 'Travelling like the light' soon.


The set only lasted 30 minutes or so, so being the music lovers that me and sarah are, we headed to Kingston club McClusky's to see Goldie Lookin Chain (@ New Slang) who we had praised at Isle Of Wight. It was alot more intimate and being a few feet away I managed to man handle a few of them.

The groups songs are like a work of art but filled with crude lyrics to do with dicks, sex, weed and everything else, they may not be everyones pint of beer. The lads from Newport had the audience dancing along to their skillfully choreographed dances, attempts of breakdancing, some Sean- a -Paul runnin man moves and stolen Blazin squad shapes. The tunes are well catchy, 'You knows it,' 'Your mothers got a penis,' and of course 'Guns don't kill people,' so basically everyone was going fecking mental, jumping up and down, and cracking up at the nonsense spoken by the sweaty lot. I think the sh*t they chatted about makes them somewhat attractive, although I don't think they'll be in Heat magazines Torso of the Week, they have a boy about town manner.

I would quite happily buy this album aswell!

Check out: 'You knows i love u baby.' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=botnsA3KOWI

All in all, I had a wicked evening with 2 amazing performances!




No comments: