Saturday, 13 November 2010

MOBO AWARDS 2010

I thought I should update you on the last few months of madness I have incurred.


I had the amazing luck of winning tickets to the prestigious event, held at The Echo Arena in Liverpool. Not only have I wanted to attend the Mobo Awards for quite a few years (i remember watching it as a little nipper and being in awe and inspired by the music celebrating british black influencial music.) Aswell as wanting to go to the award, I've wanted to visit the city of Liverpool, it was last year that it won City of Culture and as the creator of the Mobo Awards said herself 'They couldn't think of a city more deserving to hold the awards, having amazing musicians like The Beatles coming from Liverpool.'






This years awards certainly didn't dissapoint and I couldn't have been more please with the line up of performers. My favourite Proffessor Green, Travis Mcoy dueted with JLS, collaborations with Tinchy, Tinie, Devlin, Giggs and Pro and a glittery performance from N-Dubz.




There was also performances from host Alesha Dixon, stage antics were had with Roll Deep, chart topper Jay Sean gave the performance of his career, Nelly made his comeback with a dozen scantily clad beauties and Mark Ronson started the show with a Bang Bang Bang.




I really couldn't have asked for a better night (okay perhaps if i hadn't have drunk the place dry I could have attended the after party and mingled with a few more stars but you live and learn)




I did however get to meet my crush Professor Green (third time counting) and equally cute Ed Drewitt.




Liverpool was the friendliest City I've encountered, I fell in love with their wicked accents, kindness and hospitality. I will definetly be visiting again in the coming months as because of my foolish drunkness i was unable to attend not only the official after party but another one at Mosquito club.




So let me tell you some glitz and glam of the event. I got to walk down the red carpet in full view of the waiting paparazzi. Once inside and after collection of our exclusive wristbands, me and Kelly made our way to the Pre- Party, where we dined on delectable mini ice cream, mini kebabs and jerk chicken & rice canapes. I was impressed already but that was just the beginning. We were surrounded by the richest people and many industry insiders, i was stood next to Corinne Bailey Rae and Roll Deep. I was out od this world. We even had our very own DJ spinning the best tunes but me and Kelly seemed to be the only ones dancing (maybe we should have learnt the ettiquete lol)




It was then that we were given a 10 minute announcement that we should find our VIP tables (yes you read that correctly) I was literally sat 10 tables away from the UK's finest music acts :) The table blew my mind, we had bottles of wine, water, Mobo cupcakes and programmes.




Never has a gig been too quick , I didnt want to leave but i had to because I had drunk far too much, it was on my way to the hotel that I bumped into pro and ed.
END OF... :) next post

No comments: