Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Vanessa's V-Day speech


With all the excitement of Pancake Day I'd almost forgot about the shadowy lurking of Valentines Day. I remember this time last year going to the gym and feeling a sense of empowerment but also a pinch of glee as I was not the only sad loser without a Valentine. Well this year isn't that much different, although I was asked for dinner, I've been suffering with the bloody flu and couldn't imagine anything worse than sniffing, sneezing and spluttering away besides the masses of love sick couples, eating off a bog standard menu... Thanks to my man friend for the invite though (MWAH!)


Now please don't get me wrong, Valentines Day is fine to celebrate but after my time on the shelf I've realised it's not awful to not celebrate it BUT by god be prepared for all those annoying facebook statuses and pictures. You know the pics I'm on about, of roses, chocolates, as well as those declarations of love. To me it just seems a bit over the top, like a competition to show who has the best partner when it's a bit more sincere to keep it private.

I remember years ago when I was about 10 or 11 asking my mum for some cash to buy her a Valentine's present and for some bizarre reason I popped into Clintons and left with a Horny Devil photo frame... do  not ask (I must have been very innocent at the age and completely blown away with the hearts that adorned the frame.) The present was complete shite and cheesy, which sadly is what a lot of you will be faced with tomorrow. It is the thought that counts at the end of the day, so partners, please don't fret about what you'll be receiving, as long as you're in the company of the one you love, who gives a feck.



Shakespeare wrote- "If music be the food of love, play on." Take whatever meaning from that you will but should you be single or attached, I think food and music are on the menu (that's my day to day quote). I'm going to give you a run down of some of my favourite love associated songs... There's something for the old school, the romantic, the naughty and the "I f*cking hate Valentines Day" person. So grab some good food & enjoy my creme de la creme of mostly loving songs :D

1) G-Unit 'I wanna get to know you.'- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeIeRkNfh5Q





2) Shanice- 'I love your smile.'- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-gz-yddE6Q

3) Plan B 'My love goes down.' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5lGCXiTHaY

4) Bee Gee's 'How deep is your love.'- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpqmGx7meQw

5) Ashanti 'Rock wit you.'- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4_DFoOtvfA

6) Boyce Avenue 'We found love' (Piano version of Rihanna 'We found love')- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I3kgbBp6PY

7) Blackstreet 'Dont leave me.'- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBUz2nkOKsc


9) Bob Marley 'Could you be loved.'- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i-gcWdBUb8

10) Marvin Gaye 'Sexual Healing.'- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn4i8bAfnMY

.... And for those that haaaaaate Valentine's Day....

11) Kelis 'I hate you so much right now.'- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3JFwd1bk4Q

Whatever you get up to, remember it's simply a Thursday, so don't stress if your Valentine's Day dissapoints, you could have bought yourself something nice and if my playlist hasn't cheered you up then remember the weekend is not so far away.



Vanessa x x x

No comments: