Thursday, 13 January 2011

... new year, new me???

As the saying goes really. Is this year going to see me re- invent myself? errrr Nah because I think I'm pretty cool the way I am but if you ask is there anything I can do to improve myself, well yeah I could write you a list.

Unbelieveable we are 2 weeks into 2011 and I have made it my mission to fix myself up, this includes: Losing weight, earning a higher salary and socialising with some of those amazing people I've met over the years that I perhaps don't see as often or lost touch with.


The diet or shall I put it in a less daunting way, the healthy eating began on Monday and was going pretty well until today because thanks to a little lady known as Kirsty Woods (who showed me a good time last night with copius amounts of booze) I am having to switch from my new soup and smoothie regiment to a more flexible menu or Frazzles, a Creme Egg and Supernoodles (maybe the SOUPernoodles can't count as soup as I did put lots of water in, brings back memories of how my nan used to make them for me) but I've been visiting the gym so I may possibly go for 2 hours today.









Oh yes, I have decided this year to have a more confident approach with men, and giving them a chance is where I should begin. I want to be like what's her name out of Sex & The City, Samantha? Well not as liberal, I'm no shlaaaaaag. But I would like to date more than I'm used to because let's face it I'm not used to it. My only date has been to a stripclub, which I will admit was pretty funny and really tempting to get involved. Apparently there's a 'No Dancing' policy for the non stripping ladies.. "Afraid I'm going to show you up?" So it would be nice to have a fella in the coming months but it will be extremely odd, I'm so used to being single and I'm not one of those people that can't stand being left on the shelf, if anything I'm wondering how am I going to fit a man into my already bustling life?



More about my bustling life and what I'd like to achieve by 2012... oh my gosh, olympics next year! Well last year I didn't manage to get my sought after media job but ever the optimist I've found a few opportunities already to do with tv presenting, so I'll keep you posted about them. On Saturday I'm going to a Kiss Fm open audition to be the next radio presenter, how hilarious do you think that would be? I'd actually love it: Telling my bizairre tales, sharing my dilemma's, listening to music 24/7 and just talking. Wish me luck!





You should know that I'm a bit of a raver, clubbing expert, IT girl, so I will as ever be visiting alot of new clubs. I visited Yoyo (notting hill arts club) last week and it was amazing. Such a different crowd, there were indie kids, hip hop americano's, music heads, grime lovers and the arty farties but it's effortlessly cool atmosphere, simplistic and basic interior you know what you're getting yourself into. There were no false pretences, worries that we wouldn't be allowed inside, instead there was an intimate space, bar serving red stripe and everything upwards, entertaining performance and crowd pleasing rapper (who i may one day inform you of his name when i can find it argh!) and amazing dubstep, reggae, hip hop, garage and funky house. I will be going there alot more this year.


I will love and leave you know as I have other important things to take care of (ohhh that sounds like I'm off to bump someone off hahaha)


Muchos Love, Vanessa x

No comments: