I probably should read the blurb of this erotically penned 3 part hype before I knock it (so bear with me as I get to grips with it ;) There we go, I'm done!
Now just the other day as I was huffing and puffing my way onto the tube home, I spotted a lady in her mid 30's holding a kindle and sporting one hell of an aroused face... it makes me chuckle every time i remember and I would have bet a tenner that she was reading 50 Shades of Grey. Good for her that I have no hard evidence that she was reading this story but for everyone else reading it with it's evidentially obvious front cover, a sense of embarrassment shudders through me. A few of my friends have warned me that I will be expected to read the trilogy and far from being a prude, I will read it, I just don't like jumping on the band wagon and even at it's 3 for £10 price tag at Tesco, I'm still not over- joyed.
Friend's had read the instalment's in the same amount of days which makes me think 1) you're either sex deprived 2) have nothing better to do 3) are just really really really kinky and into that whole Mills & Boon drivel. I reckon it would take me at least 3 days to read one of the books (and before you knock me for having the reading span or abilities of an 11 year old, I'll have you know that I've always enjoyed reading and was top of the class... I'll have myself to believe anyway's.)
It's probably that I'm just a bit bored of EVERYONE talking about it and people's statuses about wanting a Mr Grey are cringing me just a bit. I'm not cussing people at all, I'm glad it's got the nation reading and it even inspired myself and a friend to word our very own erotica story whilst casually working out in the gym; we thought it would be the perfect place to set a hot and steamy sex scene and we continued the innuendos until we couldn't contain out laughter any more! Like the Harry Potter books that I left untouched as a child, I'll be waiting for this sought after book to hit an Odeon near me... someone once told me this would be a bad idea and would be worse than reading the book. Well I say bring it on and I know what I'd rather be doing than reading this book and I think the majority of men would ask their wives and girlfriend's to put that sh*t down and come upstairs!
Peace x
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment